Director of Global Market Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' mission is to build and maintain the world's engagement and trust in Facebook. We are searching for an instrumental leader to manage our Global Market Operations across multiple sites and staff groups to help Facebook build safe and inclusive community. Successful candidates are demonstrated leaders with deep experience running operations at scale and building large teams that demonstrate high user empathy and resilience. You love to coach and develop high performing individuals and managers. You are an energetic, passionate and strategic voice with our partners and seen as a thought leader across the company. You are user obsessed, have high business acumen and a product mindset. You have experience leading large global teams and projects, solving hard problems and operationalising complex work streams. You enjoy being challenged by balancing day-to-day operations, while also identifying innovative ways to drive step function change in how we evolve our support across scaled and high-intensity experiences on the platform. You will report into the Head of Community Support Operations. This is a full-time position based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Provide strong and visionary leadership to your teams, enhance and develop a strong team culture of trust and commitment to impact in how we support our global community
- Be the trusted advisor for senior leadership on key business and operational activities primarily related to how we improve our overall support experience and mitigate legal, brand and regulatory risk
- Define vision, set and communicate team goals, and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviours required to achieve those goals and operations KPIs. Foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement
- Lead and develop a team of Regional Market Leaders and Market Managers helping them achieve their objectives across different regions and markets, supporting them through the day to day activities and removing barriers
- Oversee day-to-day service delivery of global content moderation and account support operations against defined KPIs in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment across different staff groups and sites
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and represent the Community Operations function across different regions
- Be prepared to directly manage large strategic priorities and coordinate across all stakeholders (internal and external) as needed to ensure the right execution, communication and resources are in place to deliver the key milestones
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and Operations leadership on core operations updates, promptly handle escalations in different markets related to sensitive PR/regulatory or compliance issues
- Drive thought leadership to define clear business problems and community experience pain points and influence how we prioritise solutions to resolve them. Partner closely with internal support functions and across Product, Policy, Comms, Sales/Marketing and Legal
- Passion for serving the Facebook community and enabling our mission. Strong empathy for the work the teams do in keeping the community safe and focus on their wellness and overall resiliency
- Travel: role requires 20% travel
- BS/BA Degree or higher, MBA preferred
- Operations domain expertise: 15+ years of experience managing large-scale operations in domains such as customer service, compliance, risk management, business process outsourcing
- Deep expertise in all success factors for a mature operation. Strong understanding og core processes, ops management philosophies and best practices. Demonstrated strong fiscal management skills in a P&L environment
- Leadership: 10+ years of people management experience, including managing leaders and managing remotely across multiple sites, proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing high performing and highly engaged teams
- Customer experience thought leadership and empathy: Strategic thinker with proven track record of transforming operations to provide customer experience through innovation and continuous improvement and voice of customer
- Communication: Articulate, with ability to maintain composure in a high-stakes/high-stress environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top