Director of FP&A - Infrastructure Finance
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), responsible for supporting the Infrastructure function, which builds and maintains the most scalable, efficient, and reliable network systems and hardware infrastructure for Facebook. The Director of FP&A will serve as the key liaison between Finance and the Infrastructure Business Unit and lead issues related to financial reporting, analysis, forecasting, and planning, as well as resource prioritization and business management related to the cost base of Facebook’s multi-billion infrastructure investments. In addition, the Director of FP&A will effectively partner with stakeholders across the company to ensure budget communication and alignment across multiple decision levels. With a deep understanding of the business levers, this person will be responsible for increasing the value of information and analysis provided to key business partners, ultimately driving the business towards clear and effective decisions. This position will report to the VP, FP&A.
- Lead the expense side of Facebook’s infrastructure financial planning and ongoing reporting processes including the annual budget, monthly and quarterly rolling forecasting for key expense areas, and 5-year financial forecast development
- Manage entire budgeting cycle, maintaining attention to detail and ensuring timelines are met with clear and comprehensive assumptions, analysis and plan roll-ups that link to Facebook’s annual and long term goals
- Drive a quarterly reporting package that includes financial performance, detailed reporting of key expense and other financial metrics, and executive level explanations of variances and trends
- Partner closely with Infrastructure and Finance executive leadership and operational teams to identify and evaluate strategic investment opportunities, understand financing alternatives, and drive resource prioritization
- Advise senior business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance
- Propose potential solutions and areas of offsetting savings to potential budgetary overruns
- Lead the preparation of financial analysis, commentary and presentation materials for the financial updates to the CFO
- Support controllership organization with the production of financial statements and disclosures
- Lead key initiatives to continuously improve and automate Facebook’s financial controls and operations
- Team: Lead, grow and develop a team of high performing professionals responsible for capital planning, operating expenses, and headcount tracking
- 10 years+ of corporate financial planning experience.
- Understanding of the key technology areas or knowledge of telecom, semi, or related markets
- Experience building cross-functional relationships and partnering with senior leadership of organizations
- Analytical skills: ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information
- Communication skills and ability to tailor messaging as required for audiences of varying level of seniority and technical expertise
- Previous management experience leading teams
- Prior experience working at an internet related company.
- Experience in web infrastructure, capital spending, and tech ops
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top