Director of Compliance, EMEA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking to fill the position of Director of Compliance, EMEA.
We are seeking a talented individual, currently working within accounting leadership, who has a history of cultivating collaborative cross-functional partnerships, a desire to build and a focus on developing people and teams.
Success in this role involves an ability to think critically and creatively, support a fast-paced team, plan and execute effectively while collaborating across global locations. In this newly created role, the Director will partner with the finance teams outside of Dublin - California, Texas, Asia & Latin America. The successful candidate will have a strong appreciation of the value of listening, co-creation and partnering. This is a senior, high impact role with significant career development opportunities.
This full-time position is located in Dublin, Ireland.
- Lead & evolve the EMEA accounting operations & compliance function while maintaining alignment with the corresponding teams in Asia & Latin America.
- Serve as a legal director & board member of some of our international entities
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to develop team roadmaps, identify team-level growth opportunities and creatively optimize across competing priorities
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships and maintain effective communication channel
- Maintain continuous alignment of our wider team efforts on projects which have high impact on Facebookâ€™s finance and accounting processes, employee and customer experiences
- Lead ad hoc transformation initiatives across new accounting standards, new technology, talent initiatives, etc
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent accounting designation.
- Strong background in technical accounting matters - both under US GAAP & IFRS
- Significant & relevant experience in multi-national, high-growth public companies or in large accounting firms
- Experience working with large, multi-national reporting entities with global inter-company and licensing arrangements
- Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the Chief Accounting Officer organization
- Experience partnering with leaders to bring focus, goals setting, and team execution
- Leadership experience with experience in optimizing employee engagement, growth outlook, and communication
- Experience leading process transformation, project management, systems projects, acquisition integration and controls compliance
- Experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
Back to top