Director of Channel Sales Development (VAR/SI)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This role is responsible for developing the strategy and managing the execution of identifying, recruiting, on-boarding, and growing an ecosystem of value-added re-seller (VAR), system integrator (SI) and software development partners that will drive growth of the AR/VR commercial ecosystem.
You will work with product management, product marketing, and business development to build industry vertical GTMs that position Facebook AR/VR hardware products as the primary hardware solution.
You will ultimately be accountable to hardware unit sales goals, however, driving overall AR/VR technology adoption through key commercial applications is also critical to success.
- Arrange and conduct partner sales and technical training to educate, motivate and engage partner sales and technical teams in AR/VR selling cycles
- Develop a comprehensive business plan and go-to-market strategy that drives AR/VR hardware unit penetration for Facebook and delivers revenue to the broader VAR/SI partnership ecosystem
- Partner with Product Managers, Business Development, and Product Marketing Managers, to help deliver VR/AR commercialized solutions to the market
- Prospect for new partners who are developing and selling full scale AR/VR solutions
- Responsible for managing, growing and evolving the network of distributors, resellers, VAR's and SI's to provide sales, support, marketing and training to support our global sales efforts
- Identify reseller partners who are strategically well-positioned to accelerate Facebook's AR/VR growth in both the enterprise and SMB segments
- Collaborate with the executive team to build and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential partners, taking responsibility for the relationship throughout all stages of development
- Take primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new partnerships
- Track, report, and optimize the performance of partnerships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solution
- Strategically develop and grow LAR & SI channel partners
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise hardware sales, channel alliances, and/or business development
- Knowledge of AR/VR technology and Product Ecosystem
- Track record of leveraging strategic partners to build and close deals by working across all functions and levels of the organization from developer to the C-suite at a fortune 500 company
- Experience managing VAR and SI relationships
- Knowledge of sales process, build consensus, and experience in developing relationships both internally and externally
- Experience at building, managing, and leading teams (direct and virtual) in a matrixed environment
Back to top