Director of Business Development & Alliances
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader to lead business development and strategic tech alliances across the family of Facebook products. As a global platform, it is our responsibility to establish meaningful relationships with key ecosystem stakeholders; and manage C-suite relationships to deliver mutually beneficial products and services. You will grow and mentor a high-performing global team that works cross-functionally with product, engineering, legal, and marketing to negotiate on behalf of Facebook. This is a is full-time role based in our main office in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead and mentor a team of business development professionals.
- Identify new partners and negotiate first-of-their kind business and technical terms with them across a variety of initiatives including Internet.org, location, games, commerce, and ads.
- Manage relationships with key players and platform holders in the tech ecosystem including Apple, Google, Microsoft and Amazon.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to identify growth opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and experiences that create scale and meaningful ecosystem value.
- 15+ years related experience working in business development and strategic alliances
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in complex, first of their kinds deals with large and small companies
- Proven track record of building and scaling teams
- Experience in partner management, a track record of influencing change in organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against problems and timelines.
- Experience developing, negotiating and signing industry leading deals with market share leaders to deliver value to the ecosystem
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities coupled with knowledge of operating principles
- Project management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects across a global cross-functional team
- Experience engaging with C-level of any partner organization
- Global work and team management experience
- Fluency in more than one language
- MBA or MS Degree or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top