Director of AR/VR Partnerships
Facebook's AR/VR organization brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and platform. The Director of AR/VR Partnerships will help architect new products and ecosystems with people at the core and help advance Facebook's mission of bringing the world closer together.
Facebook is seeking a Director of AR/VR Partnerships who will lead teams across Facebook's AR/VR efforts including Oculus, Building 8, Social VR, Facebook Reality Lab and the AR Camera platform. This individual will have successfully led complex, first of their kind hardware, platform, and content deals for successful and ubiquitous platform. She/he will have a deep familiarity with products from a core technology perspective and has been intimately involved in setting product direction. Additionally, they will have experience building multi-level partnership organizations and leading a rapidly growing team.
The ideal candidate will also have experience mentoring and developing a strong team and will be able to quickly establish credibility. They will be a self-starter who is comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and takes a proactive and strategic approach to business development. They will have the ability to bridge short term goals with longer term strategy and be able to create a well-ordered framework of action with little to no direction.
- Hardware Partnerships: Build strategic partnerships and drive deals for optics, display, computer vision, semiconductors, sensors, and haptics and other building block components for future VR and AR products. Drive strategy and management of OEM and partners to build and distribute new AR/VR co-branded devices.
- Product and Platform: Source and close partnerships that drive engagement, accelerate product roadmaps, and delight customers across all related software platforms including social VR and Oculus first party applications.
- Media Partnerships: Lead partnerships, content acquisition and new product integrations with top-tier media companies across the suite of initiatives ranging from VR to AR platforms.
- Non-consumer: Build the non-consumer business for products. Drive enterprise adoption, ISV program and location-based experiences for VR.
- 20+ years of work experience in partnerships and product.
- Commercial experience in hardware and software services.
- Experience scaling and leading an organization.
- Global experience.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in building ecosystems.
- Strong team-building experience growing successful organizations from the ground up.
- Strategic mindset and can think across all aspects of structuring and executing on a deal.
- Test-and-learn mentality.
- Excited to learn from mistakes and course correct as necessary.
- Curiosity for product.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Technical background with an understanding of product.
- Hunter mentality and ability to unlock new opportunities.
- Consumer empathy and awareness.
Back to top