Director of Applied Research and Development, Solutions Engineering
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a leader to manage a high-performing client-facing team of engineers. As a Director of Applied Research & Development, you will lead the advertising industry by building new solutions and enabling partners to realize the full potential of those solutions while also leading and managing multiple global teams of Solutions Engineers. The Applied Research & Development teams within the Business Innovation Group focus on innovation opportunities to highly complex technical challenges our clients face that require deeper collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams. You will balance building a vision and inspiring a large team of solutions engineers, influencing cross-functional sales and product leadership, and people management. This role will allow you to apply technical problem-solving, leading and consulting clients on creating and executing a business strategy, leading multiple teams of engineers, and growing their careers.
- Recruit, inspire and develop a high performing team that supports all businesses via Facebook family of apps & services
- Help build new products and improve existing ones in collaboration with Facebook Product Engineering Teams
- Understand our client's business and marketing strategies
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and represent the function in cross-functional teams
- Identify unique problems and unlock opportunities through bespoke technology solutions
- Influence the roadmap and product development of Facebook Ads to meet our client's business challenges and align with Facebook's business objectives
- Be both a technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- 12 or more years of experience with software engineering
- 5 or more years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- Proven experience building and shipping software products
- Proven experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Master in Computer Science
- Experience contributing to open source projects, shared code repositories, and/or personal projects
- Experience contributing to the development community via blogs, Stack Overflow, Quora, Slack, etc.
- Experience leading multiple high-performing agile development teams
- Experience in delivery of technology innovations
- Creative technologist with a wide range of interests and a builder mentality, continuously creating new ways to improve solutions
- Proven track record of having released software, hardware, or other products to the market based on their original engineering work
- Proven track record of great ideas and even better execution with experience learning and applying new technologies quickly
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top