Director, Marketing, Small Business Group
- Austin, TX
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're looking for a Director of Marketing for our Small Business Group, supporting new marketing initiatives and horizontal marketing programs across the Facebook family of Apps. The Small Business Group contributes directly to this mission by connecting every small business in the world with their customers on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger, and then helping them grow through solutions like pages, advertising, messaging, commerce and many other tools. We succeed when we help our customers grow their business. The Small Business Group at Facebook is one of two sales channels responsible for Facebook's multi-billion dollar advertising business. Our Small Business Team helps more than 99% of Facebook's 5 million plus advertisers, and our potential business is even larger with more than 70 million active Small Business pages on Facebook.
The Director, SBG Marketing will oversee a global digital marketing team responsible for activities that attract, retain, and grow our small business clients through expansion of existing digital marketing capabilities and standing up new functions such as more robust commerce, partnership and international marketing strategies. This includes overseeing a full range of initiatives including understanding business objectives, influencing business strategy, designing campaigns, localizing for global markets, executing campaigns, and conducting analyses to refine and measure returns. Additionally, you will be responsible for helping to define the go-to-market strategy for large scale SMB marketing initiatives, developing partner marketing capabilities, improving our collaboration with product development to prioritize small business feature sets, and defining a new way to do business with international marketing teams. The leader is empowered with global responsibility for a significant operation, working cross-functionally with product teams, regional sales leaders, data scientists, other marketing and creative teams and cross-functional partners. Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing scaled sales and marketing teams, making data driven marketing decisions, overseeing complex operations, product marketing experience, recognizing patterns of success (and failure) quickly, and working cross-functionally. Success in this position requires leadership, strong analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
This full-time position is available in Menlo Park, San Francisco, Austin, or Seattle offices. Global travel required.
- Accountable for achieving revenue and brand metrics
- Innovate and develop new campaigns
- Build strong working relationships with leaders across Facebook teams (e.g. product, engineering, sales, business development, marketing, human resources sales planning/operations and finance)
- People leadership responsibilities including developing managers, building organizational structures, recruiting, training, development
- Member of the Small Business Group leadership team overseeing all Small Business initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years experience in marketing and sales
- 7+ years experience in building and leading teams
- Demonstrated experience with performance marketing and marketing operations
- Proven leadership experience being organized and influencing and communicating direction
- Experience engaging at an executive level with cross-functional groups
- Experience working internationally (including management of teams or priorities outside the US)
- Avid Facebook user
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Back to top