Director, Law Enforcement Outreach, EMEA
- Brussels, Belgium
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced professional to serve as its Director of Law Enforcement Outreach in EMEA. The position will be responsible for managing the EMEA regional team in developing and maintaining strategic relationships with law enforcement authorities, government agencies with an Internet safety and security focus and related industry coalitions.The position will also oversee tactical responses to events related to the law enforcement community in the EMEA region. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is a full-time role which could be based in London, Dublin, Paris or Brussels and would entail frequent travel in EMEA and overseasPeople from all backgrounds, with diverse experiences, perspectives, and ideas; rely on Facebook to build community, and so to bring the world closer together, diversity is a must-have for Facebook, not an option.Facebook offers people who work here opportunities to find work that matters to them, understanding that finding meaningful work can be different for everyone. As we continue to build an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and can do the best work of their careers; we provide a variety of programs dedicated to helping people find community, understand the importance of diverse perspectives and tackle bias.
- Lead and empower an experienced, effective and inclusive team in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with law enforcement and government authorities for Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Oculus
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with law enforcement and government authorities for our family of apps and product, including Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Oculus
- Partner with the legal and public policy leadership teams on engagement with law enforcement authorities, regulators and legislators on online safety, security and law enforcement issues
- Craft a regional, strategic plan and ensure timely delivery
- Plan and deliver educational programs for law enforcement authorities on our policies for protecting user privacy and responding to legal requests
- Coordinate with internal investigation teams to develop and refer relevant matters to law enforcement authorities
- Work closely with Facebook's Legal Team and outside counsel in responding to governmental requests for data
- Collaborate with internal teams and global safety organizations to develop and enhance safety awareness and other safety related issues in the world
- Support launches and different initiatives and change across platforms & create strong internal relationships with cross-functional leadership partners
- Significant experience working with, or within law enforcement authorities at an international level.
- Recently held a senior management role overseeing international teams engaged in law enforcement or government engagement.
- Technical knowledge and experience related to cyber-crime and online investigations
- Experience with European law relating to law enforcement requests for data, surveillance and interception of communications
- Extensive experience working with data protection authorities, financial institutions, and Internet industry associations
- Comfortable in a fast paced, inclusive community focused and mission led culture
- Strong public speaking & presentation skills
- Extensive experience in private industry engaging with law enforcement and government authorities at an international level.
- Prosecution or criminal investigation background or experience in a similar Internet safety and security role
- Fluency in additional international language(s)
Back to top