Director, Internal Audit Technology
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook Internal Audit (IA) team is looking for a Director, Internal Audit Technology (Tech) to lead a significant part of IA's Tech team scope of work that includes corporate IT, payments engineering, and infrastructure. We are looking for a highly qualified and technically proficient leader, who will stay abreast of Facebook's technology and business strategies, product roadmaps and the overall Facebook risk profile to ensure that IA is engaged where it matters most. The candidate has to be comfortable and highly effective in a rapidly changing environment.
- Participate in ongoing enterprise risk assessment process and assist in developing and executing a dynamic audit plan to address high risk areas for Facebook
- Responsible for execution of major segments of the Facebook audit plan, as approved by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Develop valuable and positive relationships with engineering, IT and business partners by executing efficient audit work and offering suggestions to enhance risk management. Sought out for advice on complex issues
- Provide oversight and management of SOX PMO to ensure efficient execution and effective collaboration with external auditors
- Draft audit reports and recommendations to improve control processes to executive management that clearly present audit results that are easily understood and take into consideration the business context.
- Manage a team of audit professionals, providing direction and ensuring accomplishment of audits and projects. Provide ongoing coaching to audit professionals of various levels and experience
- Effectively integrate with the internal financial auditors to ensure alignment on audit work, which includes collaboration on the audit scope, work program, and reporting
- Effectively manage relationship with the internal audit co-sourcing partner(s) to ensure that we execute as one team
- Coordinate with other risk management functions (e.g., Privacy and Regulatory Compliance, Information Security) to minimize duplication of effort and to ensure efficient execution
- Promote thought leadership for new ideas and new ways of executing projects and infrastructure enhancements to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of internal audit services.
- Consistently influences major decisions and creates and drives strategies across organization
- Motivates leaders and executives to act and resolve issues in complex or sensitive settings
- Viewed and respected as communication leader for internal audit and broader Finance organizations
- Structures and manages team for maximum effectiveness and impact
- 12+ years of IT internal audit experience and/or professional services assurance experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management information systems, or related field
- Ability to execute in a dynamic, high demand environment by demonstrating organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and across all organizational levels
- Subject matter knowledge in technology infrastructure, and corporate and payments systems
- Experience in auditing proprietary in-house built systems, information security, payments systems as well as corporate systems (e.g., Oracle and Salesforce)
- Communication skills
- Demonstrated experience of project management practices, tooling, and managing audit projects through their lifecycle
- Analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate logical thinking to reach a solution
- CISA, CISSP, CIA or other relevant professional certification
- 12+ years of IT internal audit experience in a global, public company, and/or professional services assurance experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top