Director, Infra Investments, Market Intelligence and Contracts
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a leader to develop and lead our Investments, Market Intelligence and Contracts team. As a member of this team you will be responsible for three key focus areas: Provide strategic negotiation and contracts services to Facebook Infrastructure; to partner with teams in Facebook Infrastructure to make strategic investments in industry capacity and technology to achieve Facebook's Infrastructure goals; and to work broadly across the industry base to both gather market intelligence and shape customer mindset in relevant technology fields. This role is based at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.
- Develop overall vision, strategy and execution plan for contracts support, market intelligence and long term investments model.
- Partner with teams in Infrastructure Strategy, Technology Strategy, Design Engineering and Technology Sourcing to identify key investment focus areas in support of Facebook's long term goals.
- Work users in the hyperscale data center space to create coalitions around technology and business road maps.
- Shape the mindset and investment plans of our partner base to in support of Facebook's long term Infrastructure goals.
- Support the broad community of sourcing managers to evangelize throughout the global community of suppliers what Facebook's technology, capacity, demand, performance and cost needs are.
- Lead the development and implementation of investment proposals to support Facebook's Infrastructure priorities.
- Be thought leaders in the creation of "norm-busting" methods across the spectrum of build, buy and partner to secure technology at spec, at cost and on Facebook's timeline.
- Partner with key suppliers to make strategic investments in technology, capacity and talent to achieve Facebook's Infrastructure goals.
- Build a team with deep expertise spanning contract and negotiating strategy, development of commercial vehicles, and drafting and editing of contract language.
- Develop end-to-end set of business and operational capabilities required to scale contracts ahead of the needs of the Infrastructure.
- Relevant to responsibilities, establish and manage strategic internal and external level relationships.
- Partner with sourcing on contractual road maps to ensure commercial requirements are met.
- Partner with the Sourcing team to continuously improve overall negotiation approach, contract process and templates, contract quality, and execution cycle time while protecting Facebook's interests.
- Partner with Sourcing and cross-functional teams (Legal, BizApps) to ensure performance metric reporting is reliable, accurate and reported on-time.
- Drive process improvement in the reporting function including leading system automation efforts.
- Partner with Infra, Legal, and BizApps to identify long-term contracts process capabilities required to achieve scale.
- Actively participate in the development of an IT architecture and capabilities road map.
- Identify, develop and deploy key process and operational capabilities that continuously improve the speed, quality and productivity of the Contracts team.
- Partner with Legal to develop relevant and practical templates.
- Demonstrated ability in executing in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- 15+ years of contracts, sourcing and operations experience in supply chain management, including managing overall performance.
- MS in supply chain/operations or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience hiring, training and developing contracts experts, and proven experience in scaling a contract management organization.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with and establishing commercial and technical relationships with supplier senior management.
- Experience influencing, negotiating, building consensus and make strategic decisions.
- Organizational and people development experience.
- Juris Doctor Degree/MBA.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work across all layers of the organization, particularly with cross-functional teams, in a fast-paced environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top