Director, Head of Business Marketing Research and Insights
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
As part of the Global Business Marketing Group we are looking to find a leader to lead our marketing research function which informs and tracks our marketing strategy worldwide and across our various platforms. This leader will oversee brand research, advertiser sentiment tracking, customer segmentation, message testing and moreâ€"using both qualitative and quantitative methods. This leader will inform marketing leaders and other cross-functional leaders (Sales, Product, etc.) on the state play in our industry and our performance in it. And this leader will play a key role in helping us evolve and develop the best marketing and brand strategies.
Facebook seeks to hire people from diverse and varied backgrounds but to enjoy the culture at Facebook it helps to embrace the hacker ethos: an ability to move fast, iterate and always add value. The person we are looking for will be a caring and impactful leader they will embrace change and be open to be wrong, imaginative and curious with a proven ability to use data to identify insights to guide our path forward.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook and the potential that exists with this role. They will have experience and proven their ability to lead marketing and brand research teams, they will be able to show impact and progress with companies they have worked with before to show how they identified and built out capability to measure brand impact/sentiment and perform customer research to inform brand and marketing strategy. They will be able to show how they have used data to create actionable insights about how Facebook should market to its business customers. Preferably in a similar fast-moving industry. It will require a person who understands the digital landscape and how digital advertising fits into the marketing industry.
- Establish a research function that covers all advertiser and partner measures to drive the business
- Provide thought leadership in helping to shape GBMâ€™s strategy and brand
- Translate research findings into actionable insights, and then communicating it to individuals and leaders with varying degree of analytic knowledge
- Work with regional marketing teams and Facebook business units to identify the what, so what, and now what
- Utilize an adept array of applied market research tools and methods, and continuously innovate approaches to generate differentiating foresight
- Identify qualified suppliers to conduct market research studies
- Develop innovative methods of reputation measurement using Facebookâ€™s data and audience tools, as well as working alongside external agencies
- Build, lead and inspire a team of brilliant and high performing people
- Work with regional leaders to implement changes based on insights
- 15+ years marketing research experience with knowledge in both quantitative and qualitative research
- Knowledge of statistical applications in survey research (e.g., descriptive, parametric and non-parametric statistics and experience discussing when each is appropriate and pros & cons) including linear regression, LSRL, SEM, and experienced using stats packages (SPSS, SAS)
- Experience growing and leading brand research and analytics/measurement of marketing impact
- Cross-functional, matrix/stakeholder and leadership experience
- Experience with threading together multiple research studies to contextualize challenges and inspire executives and colleagues to think differently
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field
- Current experience working within a global technology company
- Passionate about leveraging data and create actionable insight
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications for an audience with a diverse set of analytical capability
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment across multiple time zones and teams
- Able to operate at the principle level of business and jump to the delivery level quickly
- Personal desire to make the world a better place
Back to top