Director, Head of Business Marketing, Instagram
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Global Business Marketing team seeks an experienced leader to oversee the marketing of Instagram as an advertising platform.
Instagram is one of the fastest growing apps in the world, with over 1 billion monthly users. Instagram is also now a major advertising platform. We are seeking a seasoned and creative leader to take our marketing of the Instagram business platform to the next level. This person should be passionate about building a brand and developing marketing programs that may include digital campaigns, offline promotions, webinars, and events. A successful candidate will have deep knowledge of marketing strategy and the online advertising space. The candidate will also have strong content development skills, experience working with sales leadership to understand market needs, and a track record of developing best-in-class materials and activations. The candidate will also have strong experience setting goals and KPIs and track and surpass them. As Instagram is a highly visual experience, the marketing lead should have an understanding of design aesthetic and interest in visual storytelling is key.
Best in class marketing, communication, project and team management skills are critical to success in this position, as is a demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams and lead a global marketing team. Executive communications experience is key. The candidate will need to combine strategic-thinking with a high degree of creativity to execute on high-impact, high-leverage, innovative materials and programs.
This position is full-time, based in our Menlo Park offices.
- Drive the marketing strategy and go-to-market activations for Instagram as an advertising platform
- Work directly with both the Instagram product and business leadership teams as well as Facebook Global Business Marketing to align strategy, messaging, resources, etc. - both for Instagram as a stand-alone business and as a member of the Facebook Family of Apps and Services
- Also work directly with Facebook sales management to align marketing strategy and activations with Instagram's advertising growth
- Develop innovative and creative marketing programs to drive outcomes that scale
- Work with global and cross-functional counterparts to ensure cohesion and scalability for advertising messaging, campaigns and programs
- Create programs that can be used by sales teams to generate new business, educate clients, and engage clients on innovative ways to use Facebook achieve their industry-specific business objectives
- Inspire the marketing team and provide them with clear vision, metrics and guidance
- Manage highly skilled global marketing team with staff based in London, Singapore, and Sao Paulo
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive marketing programs
- Bachelors degree
- 12+ years of marketing experience in digital marketing, web technology companies, strategic consulting and/or advertising working with global brands or agencies
- Experience building marketing strategy, messaging and content development
- Knowledge in marketing and advertising strategy across a variety of industries
- Experience building creative marketing programs
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Creative perspective to bring fresh ideas to our marketing campaigns
Back to top