Director - Global Reporting and Quality, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is looking for an experienced leader who will be responsible for building quality, reporting and analytics capabilities for our operational teams. This person will lead a global, multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement quality and reporting systems and processes, and deliver analytical insights, that enable operational teams to have the biggest possible impact serving the 2 billion people using Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram. We are looking for someone who will influence business decisions by furthering a data-driven and analytical culture across operations teams, drive processes for holding operations accountable for performance targets, and provide insights and recommendations for targeted improvements. This will involve leading and developing a team that asks the right questions and then translates them into structured analyses involving large sets of data across multiple systems.
The person in this role will assume general management responsibilities, partner with operations teams to build scalable quality and reporting solutions, and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, finance, and policy partners to ensure operational excellence and drive Community Operations' most important strategic priorities. This role will be based out of our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA and will report into our Director of Scaled Support Operations.
- Manage a global team that builds quality, reporting and analytics solutions to drive operational excellence and decision making
- Develop a team focused on identifying actionable insights, making recommendations, influencing the direction of operations and holding our operations teams accountable to targets
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and recognition to team members while fostering their career development
- Implement and drive operational cadences, such as holistic monitoring and reporting of operational performance
- Drive accountability across Operations to meet or exceed quality measurement targets
- Build early warning systems to aid in detection of problem trends and help develop long range solutions
- Conduct urgent, time-sensitive investigations of quality issues to determine root cause and recommend corrective action, requiring an end-to-end understanding of all reporting and review systems, processes, and policies
- Utilize deep product and industry knowledge while serving as a strong cross-functional leader
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 10+ years of experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience solving problems in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to present research data (qualitative and quantitative)
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g. content analysis, phenomenology, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. cluster analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Demonstrated experience leveraging operational metrics on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to prioritize and move an organization to action
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, drive change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with SQL and Tableau
- Experience managing managers and global teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top