Director, Global Process Owner Strategic Sourcing
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a sourcing professional to lead their Strategic Sourcing Team with responsibility for all Indirect Sourcing within Facebook. This role has a global remit. The internal customer base of the strategic sourcing team includes amongst others; sales & marketing, IT, security, facilities, community operations, finance, HR and legal. This person and their team will work closely with business groups and drive strategic sourcing strategies that support and enable the business.
- Develop and enhance the strategy and current offering of the strategic sourcing team to ensure consistent delivery of excellence across the internal customer base.
- Manage and develop an expanding team of experienced sourcing professionals.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company understanding their key business objectives and sourcing requirements.
- Be a champion of the Facebook Supplier Diversity program and ensure supplier diversity is core to all initiatives within the strategic sourcing team.
- Partner with IT on delivering tools to streamline sourcing and procurement processes from tendering through final contracting ensuring compliance with Facebook policies.
- Creation of an effective preferred supplier program.
- Take ownership of impactful training programs to empower the internal customer base.
- Support and manage competitive bid processes, including RFP’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s as required.
- Enhance the current KPIs for strategic sourcing ensuring timely and cyclical delivery which drive continuous improvement.
- 12+ years’ experience in procurement and strategic sourcing
- Experience in process and people leadership
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in consulting with internal business clients
- Ability to drive change and improve end-to-end processes
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Master’s degree
- Global experience
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top