Director, FRL Semiconductor Electronics Procurement (Silicon)
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook designs, develops, and builds all its own AR\VR and Portal HW products. The Strategic Sourcing team is responsible for spends from raw materials, to the individual components on a board, to the final consumer end product. The team owns the commercial growth strategy and business relationships with various suppliers and manufacturers. The sourcing team moves fast and leverages key partnerships to drive technical innovation, high quality standards and cost-savings via a customized supply chain. Facebook is seeking a leader that creates disruptive value by influencing the product definitions, designs, and specifications for our organization, and manufacturing of our AR\VR and Portal hardware. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing across our ecosystem, including the commercial, operational and technical performance of our technology and supplier base. Together with your team and numerous internal partners, you will be responsible for quality, product and material availability, and cost that spans the AR\VR space.
- Develop overall vision, strategy and execution plan for the Global Semiconductor/Electronics Sourcing function. Driving an integrated long-term supplier development approach focused on delivering world class quality, delivery and cost.
- Negotiate and execute master supply contracts and other critical agreements including but not limited to licensing agreements, SOWs, etc.
- Establish, manage and own strategic supplier relationships at the supplier executive level.
- Develop, manage and refresh individual and customized Semiconductor technology, Architecture and commodity sourcing strategies for each actively managed technology.
- Lead Supplier QBR process focused on exceeding Facebook KPI's and continuous performance improvement.
- Analyze, develop and implement supplier capacity and custom Semiconductor "should cost" model.
- Develop deep technical and commercial relationships with executive management at suppliers.
- Influence supplier technology roadmaps and create internal disruptive value-add to ensure Facebook's system architecture and commercial requirements are met.
- Work in partnership with the various engineering teams to develop an approved and qualified supply base, develop strategic partnerships that address our needs and, on an ongoing basis, continuously improve supplier performance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (i.e., PM, engineering, quality, ID, PD, logistics, etc.) to continuously improve overall system-level landed cost and identify strategic trends in Facebook's design practices that will have an impact on procurement.
- Partner with Finance to ensure financial reporting is reliable, accurate and reported on-time.
- Influence engineering and architecture teams for NPI development strategy and implementation, optimizing design/materials/process selection to drive lowest cost, industry leading quality, and continuity of predictable supply.
- 15+ years of sourcing and procurement experience in Semiconductor/Electronics Commodity and technology management, including demonstrated experience managing overall supplier performance.
- Engineering or technical BS degree.
- Experience working in enterprises with hardware portfolio.
- Experience in setting up, running, and optimizing a global, outsourced manufacturing supply chain.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, training and developing sourcing teams.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with and establishing commercial and technical relationships with senior management at suppliers.
- Advanced engineering degree and/or MBA.
- Ability to move seamlessly from strategy to execution and deliver tangible results.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, build consensus and make key strategic decisions.
- Ability to work across all layers of the organization, particularly with cross-functional teams, in a fast-paced environment.
Back to top