Director, Engineering - Financial Applications
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Business Applications team is responsible for building integrated, scalable, and robust enterprise products that run our company- most of which are built from the ground up. We are looking for a strong engineering leader with deep enterprise product development experience to lead our efforts around scaling Facebook's financial applications. This team is responsible for building products for our Accounting, Asset Management, Billing & Revenue, Financial Planning and Treasury product teams. This person will be responsible for driving changes to improve the productivity of the Finance organization. This full-time position will be based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Continue to build and lead a team of product managers and engineers
- Build product strategy and roadmap and execute effectively on plan
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for our financial systems
- Work closely with business leaders to develop short and long-term strategies
- Manage business expectations, resolve conflicts, and keep businesses aligned
- Drive innovation and establish new approaches in improving productivity for our financial applications
- Establish a metrics based organization, develop key operational metrics and push for continuous improvement
- Ensure system security, data integrity and accuracy of financial records
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience managing and leading Managers
- Experience building applications from scratch versus implementing off the shelf applications
- Demonstrated understanding of finance functions including accounting, billing and revenue and planning
- Demonstrated use of data to solve business problems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top