Director, Data Science, Commerce Opportunities
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're looking for a seasoned analytics leader to help drive data-informed product decisions for the Commerce Opportunities Product Pillar within the Ads and Business Products org. You will be partnering with the Product organisation that builds and grows the newly-launched Commerce/Shops platform. You will be working at the forefront of the industry, building solutions for one of the largest communities of businesses in the world. You will be focused on results, be proactive, deliver rigorous analyses, and use data to drive change in products and organisations. You will lead a scaled team of data scientists located around the world.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Inspire, lead and grow a globally distributed team of data scientists.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data in developing data-informed strategies for growing and improving our product offerings for more than 180 million businesses.
- Partner with, and influence through data, other teams across the Facebook Family of Apps (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger), as well as with Payments, Global Marketing & Sales (GMS), Finance, Research, and other partner groups.
- Bring personal empathy for millions of businesses around the world so we create the best tools for them and help them recover from the effects of the global pandemic and economic crisis.
- Be proactive with asking questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful product changes.
- Proven experience managing analytics teams, working collaboratively with Product, Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, retaining and scaling diverse, geographically dispersed, high-performing teams.
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and drive change across org boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.
- Deep industry knowledge of e-Commerce and/or 2-sided marketplaces. Adeptness at measuring and optimising for supply/demand equilibrium and vertical-specific performance.
- Proven familiarity with the Ads ecosystem and products.
Back to top