Director, Business Program Management
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced leader to manage some of Facebook's most complex cross-functional projects. The Director, Business Program Management (BPM) will drive the successful execution of high impact, high visibility projects on behalf of project sponsors across the business. On each project, you will ensure assembly of the right cross-functional team, build alignment and support among key stakeholders, tailor the most appropriate project management framework, and lead the overall execution across all aspects of the project. You will join a small, high-performing, fast-paced team. You will be expected to lead and mentor more junior team members working with you on various projects. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working on Facebook's hard cross-functional problems. You must be a results-oriented leader who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. You must be comfortable working with the most senior leaders in the company. You will have demonstrated the ability to coordinate with cross-functional leads on time/mission critical operational issues spanning policy, legal, communications, product, technology, Finance, HR, and other interdependent teams. This person will be highly organized, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios. We are looking for a collaborative and self-aware leader who is mission-focused and believes in the power of collaboration to drive superior results on teams. This position is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Lead all program management aspects and the successful execution of complex, cross-functional projects
- Support and act as an extension of executive level business project sponsors
- Build alignment among key project stakeholders and escalate key decisions as required
- Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues, often unique to each project
- Assemble and mobilize often large teams to execute on project objectives
- Continually refine best practices for cross-functional program management consistent with Facebook culture
- Lead and mentor more junior team members
- 10+ years consulting or similar program/project management experience leading complex projects
- Project management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects across a global cross-functional team
- Experience engaging with C-level executives
- Experience working in global cross-functional teams
- Open to domestic and international travel
- Communicator with analytical skills
- BA/BS degree
- graduate degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top