Director, Business Integrity Operations - Optimize & Scale
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Business Integrity's mission is to ensure safe and trusted connections between people, businesses, and Facebook. Our team works together to anticipate and predict potential threats to our platform, design and build tools to protect against these threats, and then implement and enforce these systems at scale. We leverage data analysis, machine learning and a robust infrastructure to review the quality of promoted content on our platform. We partner closely with several cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, and data science, to ensure high quality and safe experiences for both people and businesses across the Facebook family of apps. We focus on Ads Integrity, Pages and Commerce verticals and ensure our platform is a high quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content. We are an analytics-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies.
We are seeking a leader to optimize and scale our global Business Integrity operations. Business Integrity is an area of significant investment, and this leader will be responsible for a complex set of workflows and enforcement processes. There is a significant global and cross-functional leadership aspect to this role; the solid-line team, internal partners and outsourced reviewers are based in many locations worldwide. Internal partners span functions such as product, public policy, engineering, legal, and other sub-teams within Business Integrity, while external partners are outsourcing vendors with a large core operational footprint globally.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, operationally rigorous with a high tolerance for nuance and ambiguity, and inspired by frequent changes. They will think creatively about nebulous issues and be passionate about problem solving. They will have led teams and demonstrated a sustained ability to hire and develop talent, with humility and appetite to learn. They will also be able to work across teams and countries. This role is based in either our Menlo Park, CA, Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, or New York, NY office and reports to the Global Director of Business Integrity.
- Responsible for global teams across multiple locations that manage our core and outsourcing operations for Business Integrity
- Improve risk operations by understanding global and local challenges and needs, build scalable solutions to address user and business pain-points and identify automation opportunities as we take down malicious actors at scale
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with our key internal stakeholders like global outsourcing, engineering, data science, product management and additional operational teams at Facebook in order to implement optimal solutions to policy related problems and outsourcing needs
- Lead the team that manages our Outsourcing partners and vendors globally and drive a forward-looking vision
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of their local and global team
- Identify trends and key insights to drive impact to team goals including user experience and operational efficiency
- BA/BS degree
- 14+ years of experience in online operations/consultancy/analytics or related industries
- 10+ years management experience
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Experience as a Global people leader
- Experience making complex business decisions
- Experience driving insight and communicate analyses
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or similar)
- Experience in a role involving strategy, risk management or operations
- Vendor management experience
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Appetite for intensity and working on some of the most challenging business problems
- Passionate about problem solving and the potential for innovative solutions that online marketing has created
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top