Director & Associate General Counsel, Regulatory
- Washington, DC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, experienced first-chair lawyer to serve as Director & Associate General Counsel, Regulatory. This position will manage the company's legal position and strategy on regulatory matters in the United States and Canada and related product and business strategies. This position will lead and develop legal teams focusing on regulatory matters including data privacy, consumer protection, content and securities.
- Represent company in connection with regulatory inquiries,consultations encompassing regulatory frameworks and disputes, including supervision of outside counsel.
- Develop and implement long-term regulatory strategy in conjunction with Policy and business leadership.
- Oversee legal advice regarding impact of regulatory investigations on current and planned product and business initiatives.
- Manage and develop an experienced legal team specializing in U.S./Canada regulatory areas.
- First chair experience in regulatory actions and investigations.
- Regulatory experience, including experience with Federal Trade Commission and state Attorneys General, and engagement with applicable regulatory bodies in multi-agency investigative contexts.
- Experience with regulatory frameworks and regulatory developments affecting Internet-based services.
- Demonstrated experience developing innovative and pragmatic approaches and business-focused solutions to regulatory challenges and developments.
- People manager with demonstrated experience managing and building teams.
- Interpersonal skills with an absolute commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- 12+ years legal experience.
- J.D. with membership in at least 1 state bar.
- Experience representing technology and Internet companies in regulatory matters strongly preferred.
Back to top