Director & Associate General Counsel, Product (Cross-Company Product Experience)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Director and Associate General Counsel on Facebook's product counseling team. The position will focus on providing strategic legal counseling to internal product, operations, and business teams in order to identify and mitigate global legal risk, primarily in connection with product experiences that span across Facebook's family of apps. This attorney will also lead the team responsible for counseling on Facebook's efforts at growth, internal analytics, and app distribution. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in Menlo Park.
- Analyze products, policies and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide policy, product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including international competition law frameworks, content liability regimes, consumer protection laws, and data protection laws and regulations
- Coordinate with public policy and communications colleagues on external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions
- Manage lawyers also focused in this area
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 12+ years of legal experience, including at a law firm or in-house experience (applicable litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience)
- Experience working on multiple projects at once
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams to get the job done
- Managerial experience
- Experience working with mobile, application development, social networking, machine learning, or other Internet technologies
- Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across technology product platforms
- Experience in competition and data protection related international frameworks
Back to top