Director & Associate General Counsel, Investigations
(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY - Washington, DC)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player and strong leader to serve as Director & Associate General Counsel for Investigations. Working with a talented team, the position will support Facebook's compliance with legal and key regulatory requirements by leading internal investigations on matters such as anti-corruption, fraud, trade or other potential criminal liability. This person will also serve as a key leader on our Compliance, Security and Investigations team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position may be based at our Headquarters in Menlo Park, California, or at our offices in New York, NY, or Washington, D.C.
- Oversee internal investigations of matters relating to anti-corruption, corporate and financial fraud, international trade, political activities, and other areas involving potential criminal liability.
- Retain and manage outside counsel relating to investigation matters.
- Where appropriate, lead our external engagement with law enforcement authorities and regulators relating to investigations and compliance matters.
- Provide counsel on the effective design, implementation, and enforcement of our compliance and ethics program.
- Support and help grow a team of talented attorneys, investigators, and other professionals.
- 12+ years of relevant investigations experience, including 5+ years of experience managing corporate investigations in-house or at a law firm.
- Experience supervising investigations involving anti-corruption, corporate or securities fraud, or other enforcement area by agencies such as the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Experience leading, managing, and growing an investigations team.
- A J.D. and membership in at least one state bar
- Experience as a federal prosecutor or similar experience at a federal enforcement agency.
- Collaborative work style, and experience in highly cross-functional environments.
- Direct experience with international law enforcement authorities or regulators.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top