Director & Associate General Counsel, Global Security
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, collaborative, leader to serve as Director & Associate General Counsel Global Security. This person will lead a team responsible for advising product and business teams on global law enforcement and security issues and report to the Director and Associate General Counsel. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Analyze products, policies and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advise policy, product, engineering, and other business teams on global law enforcement, security and data disclosure issues.
- Develop and implement policies and practices that protect user data and prioritize user notice relating to legal process and requests seeking disclosure of user data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and advise on global legislative developments.
- Develop strategic approaches to managing regulatory, criminal and policy legal risks and resolving disputes.
- Manage and mentor lawyers also focused in this area.
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including experience advising technology or telecommunication companies as in-house or outside counsel on regulatory, safety and security matters, data protection, investigations, policy or criminal process.
- Experience regionally on issues pertaining to data protection and analogous international laws.
- Experience providing guidance to providers in responding to law enforcement requests.
- Experience with the Stored Communications Act, Wiretap Act, Pen Register/Trap and Trace Statute, and GDPR.
- Experience with Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty requests, Letters Rogatory, or other forms of international cooperation.
- J.D. and membership to at least one state bar.
- Global experience engaging with regulators and legislators on regulatory, safety and security matters preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of telecommunication regulatory frameworks.
- Management experience, preferably of an in-house legal team.
Back to top