Director and Associate General Counsel, Platform Enforcement and Litigation
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced, highly motivated attorney to serve as Director and Associate General Counsel for platform enforcement and litigation. The position will report to the Vice President & Deputy General Counsel for Litigation and manage all of Facebook and its affiliates' enforcement and litigation matters that target developer, advertiser and user practices that violate our terms and policies. This is a unique opportunity to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position will be based either in Menlo Park, CA, Washington, DC or New York.
- Work cross-functionally with Facebook teams to identify abusive platform practices and to ensure compliance with litigation-related obligations
- Drive strategy and execution on key strategic platform enforcement litigation matters in the United States and around the world
- Build and manage a team of experienced litigators and litigation support personnel
- Oversee outside counsel relationships, including selecting, budgeting, managing, and evaluating counsel
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 12+ years of legal experience, including offensive litigation experience either in private practice or as a federal prosecutor
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically to solve legal challenges
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate efficiently and to manage people effectively
- Team player who enjoys building relationships and working with others
Back to top