Digital Systems Architect
Facebook Reality Labs(FRL), the research division for AR/VR for Facebook, is looking for a Digital System Architect to support the development of our next-generation consumer product platforms that will provide breakthrough simulated reality user experiences. The successful candidate will lead our efforts to design / architect the hardware platforms for this activity and will be part of a team that includes electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software and ASIC experts. This ideal candidate will understand the full stack from algorithms and architecture down to drawing polygons. They will also appreciate DFT/DFM and will ensure that custom silicon doesn't dominate COGs in the final products. They may have experience in managing a small silicon team. This is a full-time position based in Redmond, WA or Menlo Park, CA.
- Work with researchers and architects in algorithm analysis, optimization and identification of optimal digital ÂµArchitectures for their implementation
- Implement and verify optimal design modules leading to FPGA emulation and ASIC implementation
- Work with researchers and architects defining verification methodologies for each
- Support or lead defining the Oculus DV infrastructure and DV architecture of the different core IPs
- Define and track detailed test plans for the different modules and top levels
- Implement scalable test benches including checkers, reference models, and coverage groups in SystemVerilog
- Keep track of coverage metrics and bugs encountered and fixed
- Implement self-testing directed and random tests
- Develop the scripts and code necessary for proper automation
- Architect and implement a regression system
- Lead debugging and runtime optimization efforts
- Support post silicon bringup and debug activities
- Specifying and selecting design/simulation tools for the whole organization.
- MS degree in electrical engineering or a related field
- 8+ yearsâ€™ experience in applied research and/or product development
- Experience in digital system design, including at least one consumer product shipped in high volume
- Experience in microprocessor and memory architectures
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies
- Familiar with methods for partitioning a solution across hardware and software, analogue and digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution
- Experience with high speed simulation tools like: SPICE, HyperLynx, and Altium Designer
- Circuit design experience in: high speed digital and/or analog circuits
- Experience with SoCs, display engineering, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, and firmware
- Experience programming in a high-level language like C++, Python, Java, or C#
- High speed digital experience
- PhD in electrical engineering or a related field
- 3+ years experience as a team lead or manager.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top