Digital Forensic Analyst
(Dublin, Ireland - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Security team is looking for a highly motivated Digital Forensic Analyst to join our internal investigations team responsible for detecting and investigating abuse at Facebook. Candidates should have a strong technical background, experience with forensic and investigative tools, data analytics, system and network administration, and the ability to build or automate tasks and tools. This is a unique opportunity to protect the data and privacy of our company, employees, and community by detecting, investigating, and mitigating the insider threat. As part of this role, this person will work closely with our Human Resources and Legal teams during investigations.
- Monitor detection systems for anomalies and internal abuse.
- Conduct internal investigations with objectivity, empathy, respect, and discretion.
- Build alerts and rules to detect data anomalies, deter abusive behavior, and defend against insider threats.
- Conduct forensic investigations of laptops, servers, and cell phone devices.
- Participate in an on-call schedule, responding to ad hoc requests, and surfacing areas of operational improvements.
- Identify and consult on the design of countermeasures to mitigate abuse.
- Summarize and present information from investigations to cross-functional teams.
- Interface with outside partners such as legal, law enforcement, and industry when appropriate.
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or investigative discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in computer forensic investigations or similar technical investigations.
- Knowledge of productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Word/Excel, Outlook, Office365, Dropbox).
- Understanding of forensic software (e.g. F-Response, Encase, Blacklight, FTK, Sleuthkit, Autopsy).
- Understanding of operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux) and database tools (e.g. Hbase, SQL, or similar).
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources and work with large data sets (data analytics).
- Ability to work collaboratively in situations with a sense of urgency.
- Experience as a system or network administrator.
- Proficiency in multiple languages.
- Open source intelligence collection.
- Cloud or SAAS forensics/investigations.
- Certifications: EnCE, CISSP, GCFA/GCFE.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top