Digital Designer, The Guild
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Guild—Facebook's internal B2B creative agency—helps create meaningful connections between businesses and people. Working with The Guild at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a quickly changing advertising landscape. We are looking for a Digital Web Designer to join our family of Art Directors, Writers, Filmmakers, Strategists, Analysts, Producers and Developers. You will work with a highly cross-functional team of marketers, product leaders and business leaders, all working together to bring our ideas to life. To be effective in this role, you'll need to visually communicate these ideas as they're presented to you while leading digital creative initiatives. You have a strategic perspective that includes consideration of the overarching customer experience, design frameworks, product roadmaps, etc. You're a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. Designing is your way of life, not a job.
- Excel at quickly delivering world class responsive design options for mobile and Web
- Deliver compelling visuals in various styles/mediums: wireframes, illustrations, icons, photography, animation (as appropriate) that's delightful, beautiful, and clear with a high level of finish and polish
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, micro-interactions, mockups, and style and brand guides necessary to guide development of digital experiences
- Communicate and sell your concepts and designs to technical and non-technical stakeholders. You can influence peers and managers and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Work closely with stakeholders, writers and content strategists to implement a cohesive visual brand, style, voice, and tone
- Work closely with developers, project managers, and CMS admins to ensure a successful hand-off and pixel perfect implementation
- Manage design projects and provide design direction to guide the work of external agencies
- 5+ years experience as a digital or Web designer, working on large scale Websites
- Portfolio available online that showcases visual and technical solutions across multiple design challenges (applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered)
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience articulating design decisions as well as rationale
- Experience working in a task system such as Jira
- Knowledgeable with Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience designing for Web, Responsive and Mobile
- Experience designing for Web, Responsive and Mobile in a module based system
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top