Developer Support Engineering Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Developer Support Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing a talented team of software engineers in our Dublin office. The primary focus of the team is to investigate and resolve issues reported by the developer community and specific partners around the world. As the team grows, this position will help refine the support tools and models that we use to deliver value to the developer community. This position also has peers located in Asia and North America, who are also managing support engineers.
- Lead a team of support engineers in Dublin
- Ensure standards of service and operations efficiency are constantly being improved
- Become an expert in our products, our developers and their needs by providing effective technical support
- Manage technical product issues and escalations, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver high impact results
- Own insights from the team to help drive future changes
- Actively own and drive the team's professional development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background and proven management experience leading high calibre teams
- Programming abilities in one or more of the following languages: Java, PHP, Objective-C, Python and Ruby
- Excellent communication skills in English, particularly written communication
- Strong skills in critical thinking and data analysis
- Comfortable with writing and debugging code
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top