Developer Support Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This is your chance to work on the team that helps Facebook's Platform partners, marketers, and advertisers build engaging social applications based on the Facebook Platform. As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be the first point of contact for bug reports and platform development questions raised by the Facebook Platform developer community. You will assist our developers by providing creative solutions to challenging technical issues, while also working with the internal engineering teams to ensure all issues raised are dealt with in a timely manner. In addition to this you will be responsible for building and improving our internal support tooling and reporting.
- Provide world class support to the Facebook Platform developer community
- Become an expert in our products, our developers and their needs by providing effective technical consultation
- Manage technical and product issues and escalations, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Help scale developer support with Sales and Partnership growth
- Work directly with developers to resolve technical issues
- Engage with the operations and engineering teams to build, drive and improve our tools and processes
- Write production code that will improve our internal tooling and our external support channels Build product insights from developer experience/sentiments and work with cross-functional partners to take appropriate action
- Deliver data-driven, impactful results
- Build understanding about the wide variety of software across the Platform at a deep engineering level
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
- 5 years of experience in software development
- Programming abilities in one or more of the following languages: Java, PHP, Objective-C, Python and Ruby
- Excellent communication skills in English, particularly written communication
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Experience developing for mobile would be an advantage
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top