Detection Manager, Safety Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. The Safety team within Community Operations strives to create a safe atmosphere for the Facebook and Instagram communities through outstanding support, education, and care for the various people around the world who use our platforms. We pride ourselves in helping prevent online and real-world harm by building fast, scalable support systems to address safety-related incidents on our products, and by influencing others to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
We're looking for an experienced people manager to join the Safety Operations team to manage a team of automation developers. This team delivers qualitative and quantitative insight into user behavior and implements innovative and scalable technical solutions to protect our community. This leader will be responsible for guiding the team's use of automation to solve problems as well as collaborating with various stakeholders at the company - including Legal, Operations, and Engineering - to build out Safety Operations' strategy and systems for abuse detection. This role requires a strong analytical and technical mindset, experience coding automation, and an ability to work closely with partners of all disciplines. A successful candidate will be able to use these skills along with strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, and impeccable judgment to juggle multiple priorities and make impact in this critical area of our business.
- Provide people management, mentorship, and career development to members of your team
- Help shape team vision and establish team goals, and work with direct reports and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results
- Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis, technical knowledge, and presentation of data to identify trends and opportunities to incubate and scale detection in emerging abuses
- Build strategic relationships with global and cross-functional teams to understand and anticipate risks to the company, and develop global solutions for automation, abuse detection, and operations
- Deliver insights from data that drive business prioritization and automation efforts, and to influence stakeholders to take action
- Manage projects to implement abuse detection tactics and systems to Safety workflows and to support policy enforcement at scale
- Serve as an expert consultant for teammates looking to leverage automation
- Identify new data sources and technical solutions that increase the team's effectiveness
- Drive accountability and ensure high quality with systems deployment and monitoring
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or other technical field, with 2+ years of programming and/or statistical analysis experience
- 2+ years of people management experience with proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing teams
- Experience with SQL, data analysis, visualization tools, or programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience engaging in conceptual technical discussions with engineering partners, as well as explain technical issues to less technical audiences
- Analytical and strategic thinker with experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally
- 3+ years of experience in the Trust & Safety space, or in another adversarial space such as IP, fraud, spam, risk, or ad policy
- Experience in machine learning, predictive or descriptive analytics
- Comfortable working with highly sensitive graphic content
Back to top