Designer - Camera
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As a Designer on Facebook Messenger, you'll be working with a talented group of industry professionals to build world-class creative with cutting-edge technologies for AR (augmented reality) on mobile environments. Our creative teams are focused on creating content that invites users to engage in immersive, real-time experiences for capturing the everyday. If you're excited about forging into new territory, creating industry-leading art in a variety of styles and genres, and working with the mightiest in the industry, Facebook may be the home for you. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Sketch, ideate, and generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional creative team to meet aesthetic and technical goals
- Create high-quality final artwork designed to help users express themselves in a multitude of visual messaging, camera-first experiences
- Work under the guidance and direction of an art director
- Craft and execute final artwork that satisfies a wide variety of culturally relevant aesthetic approaches
- Create final, polished art that may include masks, characters, objects, and graphic design that read well at small scale
- Establish a high-output workflow that is deadline-driven, with meticulous handoffs and attention to detail
- 3+ years of experience working professionally as a Designer
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work is required (Include link on your resume)
- Portfolio demonstrating a range of styles and aesthetics, ranging from hand lettering, typography treatments, environment, animals and people
- Previous experience working in the product development process, including workflow, tools, and technical constraints
- Experience optimizing art for multiple technical platforms
- Storyboarding skills for concepting and presenting ideas
- Experience in animation and/or motion graphics
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top