Design Project Manager, Creative Services
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Project Manager to own and oversee timelines and deadlines for multiple projects at once for the Creative Services team. The Project Manager will demonstrate the ability to quickly change priorities if needed as new requests come in. The ideal candidate should take a broad perspective to problems and spot new, less obvious solutions. Organization and foresight is a must; the Project Manager should have an expert handle on the team's calendar for the year to flag the need to hire contractors and raise red flags when expecting budget increases, well in advance. They should have experience keeping track of team workload, and be able to direct the right project to the right creative based on availability, strength and growth opportunities. The Project Manager should be a self-starter with good judgement, who doesn't need a lot of feedback and guidance to make progress. This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- It is likely there will be multiple high priority events taking place around the same time.
- The Project Manager will need to switch gears seamlessly between projects and keep an eye on multiple ongoing events and projects.
- It is also likely that high priority executive projects will pop up in the middle of events where the Project Manager will need to exercise good judgement to move things around to accommodate higher priority projects without letting ongoing projects come to a standstill.
- 4+ years experience managing multiple projects or external events
- Experience working in tech/PR
- Ability to lead and communicate with multiple cross-functional stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with budgets and suggesting ways of cutting costs
- Any large-scale event experience
- Experience working in a creative agency
- General knowledge of the creative process i.e. working with creative briefs, setting realistic turnaround times for creative projects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top