Design Program Manager, UI Quality
The UI Quality Design Program Manager will focus on defining and running various programs responsible for improving the overall quality of the Facebook app by evaluating aspects of product like performance, usability, visual craft or industry best practices. One of our quality programs provides an objective way to measure UX product quality and feedback through product reviews, to provide actionable strategies to improve the quality, and to provide a way to measure the impact of these changes that will impact over 2 billion people using our product. The Design Program Manager will also be responsible for ensuring we make meaningful progress on our research-led usability program which evaluates whether the design itself is efficient, effective and satisfactory.
Two new initiatives that this Design Program Manager will own and drive are Facebook App Design Reviews and App wide launches. They will work closely product teams in feature development for strategic bets in the Facebook App and own a shared calendar for these launches. This work creates a huge opportunity to shift our culture by influencing the execution of products we ship and how we ship them.
You will be responsible for driving the diverse streams of work that measure product quality at Facebook and working with product teams to drive that work forward. You will also manage a small team of Design Program Managers who will focus on specific dimensions of product quality. You will own roadmaps, analytics, program management and cross-functional communication for product quality. The DPM role requires broad knowledge of the product design and development processes, excellent communication skills, and program management expertise. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
DESIGN PROGRAM MANAGER, UI QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, launch and execute and continue to drive and improve all aspects of our UI Quality programs including Quality evaluations, Facebook Design Reviews, and App wide launches
- Continue to evolve a framework for evaluations to ensure consistent and repeatable evaluations
- Move initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders including design and product leadership
- Drive clarity around ownership, objectives and next steps
- Track and communicate outcomes over time for comparison, improvements and/or trends
- Own and facilitate review meetings with product leadership about evolving the program and communicating impact
- Work with Engineers, Researchers, Product Managers and Design to share feedback coming out of reviews with clear expectations
- Serve as a dependable point of contact/link to UI Quality Programs for cross-functional teams across global offices
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager, project manager or program manager with experience establishing systems, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- 2+ years management experience building and growing teams
- Experience with establishing and executing programs that span across disciplines
- Experience of working with product designers/UX as well as cross-functional teams
- Track record of operating independently
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Audio Experiences Prototyper, Facebook Reality Labs
Redmond, WA + 1 More
- Product Design Intern, AR
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Research Manager, Core Product
Menlo Park, CA
- Sound Design Intern, Interaction
Menlo Park, CA
- Sound Designer, Interaction Sound
Menlo Park, CA
- User Experience Research Leader, Business Interfaces
Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top