Design Program Manager, Product Quality
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Product Quality Program Manager will focus on defining and running the program responsible for improving the overall quality of the Facebook app by evaluating aspects of product like performance, usability, visual craft or industry best practices. The goals of this program are to provide an objective way to measure UX product quality and feedback through a peer review, to provide actionable strategies to improve the quality, and to provide a way to measure the impact of these changes that will impact over 2 billion people using our product.
You will be responsible for coordinating the diverse streams of work that measure product quality at Facebook and working with product teams to drive that work forward. You will own roadmaps, analytics, project management and cross-functional communication for product quality. The DPM role requires broad knowledge of design and development processes, excellent communication skills, and project management expertise. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Establish, launch and execute and continue to drive and improve all aspects of our Quality program including Peer Evaluations and UX Evaluations
- Create a framework that will train and calibrate product design evaluators to ensure consistent and repeatable evaluations
- Move initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders including design and product leadership
- Drive clarity around ownership, objectives and next steps
- Track and communicate outcomes over time for comparison, improvements and/or trends
- Own and facilitate review meetings with product leadership about evolving the program and communicating impact
- Work with Engineers, Researchers, Product Managers and Design to share feedback coming out of reviews with clear expectations
- Serve as a dependable point of contact/link to Product Quality Programs for cross-functional teams across global offices
- 5+ years of experience as a producer, product manager, project manager or program manager with experience establishing systems, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- Experience with establishing and executing programs that span across disciplines
- Experience working with product designers/UX as well as cross-functional teams
- Track record of operating independently and delivering results in an organized manner
- Experience in independent time management, task prioritization, identifying problems and working towards solutions
Back to top