Design Program Manager
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
DPMs at Facebook are passionate connectors and problem solvers. We support all operational aspects of the product design team to improve team communication, remove roadblocks, and ensure design team can spend their time designing. You’ll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture and industry expertise, and you’ll have an opportunity to work with XFN teams as we establish great ways of working together.
Above all else, DPMs ensure that teams are stable and running well in order to allow researchers and designers to focus on their work. We strive to communicate, connect and simplify.
This is a full-time position based in our London office.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:;Medical Benefits ;Dental Benefits ;Vision Benefits ;Pension Benefits ;Life Assurance ;Childcare Benefits ;Gym Benefits;Transport benefits;Laundry Benefit Posted: 7 Dec 2016 Closing date: 5 Jan 2017
- Track and move product / cross functional (XFN) initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders and many moving parts
- Manage design-driven initiatives, guides and tools that better define our workspace such as style-guides, voice and tone documentation
- Provide flexible processes that meet team needs and help keep work on track
- Check to ensure people have everything they need to succeed
- Proactively raise issues before they are a problem for individuals
- Support the Design Manager with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution
- Support research activities such as recruiting, facilitating research planning and helping align research schedule with design roadmap
- Work with Eng, PM and Design to establish deadlines that impact design work and ensure team is aware of key milestone dates
- Communicate issues related to staying on schedule
- Establish communication structure across the design team including best practices for meeting facilitation, sharing updates, and connecting with XFN teams
- Facilitate meetings such as preparing agendas, taking notes, and establishing next steps and owners
- Establish and support ongoing learning programs for designers (learning more about Ad Tech space or products from special guests)
- Establish team member onboarding and education programs
- Support and execute special team activities that build culture and drive clarity of purpose including team offsites, team onsites, and social events
- Serve as a dependable point of contact/link to DPMs and XFN teams in Menlo Park
- Background establishing systems, supporting teams, and developing relationships as producer, project manager, program manager in a design environment
- Knowledge of product design/UX and experience working with designers and XFN teams
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Successful in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions
- Committed and motivated to building a deep subject matter knowledge of FB Ad Tech, FB Ads, and the Ad Tech
- Industry as growing expertise will drive future opportunities for professional growth and development
- 4+ years of relevant or related working experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top