Design Program Coordinator
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Looking for a Design Program Coordinator who is friendly, very tech savvy and can put out scheduling fires like a champ. Must be comfortable in an extremely fast-paced environment where you'll need to have good judgment and be able find solutions on the fly across multiple teams. Fun environment for detail oriented, ambitious person looking for a great opportunity. Your primary responsibility will be managing the schedule for a two-week long onboarding program, which runs every two weeks. Additionally, you will create and manage vendor contracts, and help with the coordination of various design programs such as: Continued Education, Facebook Design Lecture Series and Design for Non-Designers.
- Schedule 2 full weeks of onboarding workshops for designers that run every 2 – 3 weeks using internal tools (not Outlook).
- Schedule and coordinate monthly continued education workshops.
- Handle reschedules / declines on a daily basis. Able to handle these last-minute changes immediately on the fly. Changes involve workshop presenters or attendees, or both.
- Communicate all changes to new hires who are going through orientation. This is group of 15 – 20+ people who depend on you for updated communication.
- Coordinate with other orientations and onboarding programs going on around campus.
- Manage the master schedule and communicate it out as new sessions are added permanently.
- Frequently update groups, aliases by adding names of new hires.
- Take notes in meetings and assist with implementing changes in program.
- Act as general point of contact for new hires, while planning and attending lunches and other group social events.
- Coordinate details for guest speakers in our design lecture series including contracts, travel logistics, event planning and survey follow up.
- Create and manage contracts for all teams across the Core App Design org.
- Help coordinate "Design for Non-Designers", an internal program that runs 1-3 time per month. This includes scheduling and other day-of logistics for each event.
- Assist management with other miscellaneous tasks, such as meeting coordination for the design org and event planning.
- Ability to respond and handle under high-pressure situations
- Organizational and process management skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to learn internal tools (we don't use Outlook or Enterprise tools you may be familiar with)
- Understanding of cloud tools like Dropbox and Quip
- Understanding of and experience with client's features
- Ability to interact with all levels of a professional organization
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top