Design Manager, Rift
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As Design Manager for Oculus Rift, you will lead a team of visual, interaction, experience, and human interface designers in building incredible products on the Oculus PC platform. You will collaborate closely with engineering and product management to set product vision and strategy, as well as be responsible for delivering the next generation user experiences across virtual reality, desktop, and mobile. The ideal candidate will have strong fundamentals in interaction design, experience delivering products in 2D and 3D, and expertise leading a team of designers working on multiple products simultaneously.
- Lead the design and user experience across all products and platforms including web, mobile, PC and virtual reality.
- Lead the marketing efforts across the organization including web, channel, retail, advertising and events.
- Build, lead and mentor a team of designers and product specialists.
- Work with engineering, product, and development teams in the definition of functional requirements, and lead the design and execution of applications and products.
- Work with marketing teams to develop compelling product narratives across all vertices, ranging from retail to web.
- Build the strategic plan for the design organization structure short-term and long-term for both, product and marketing.
- Establish a strong design culture by staying on the forefront of emerging trends and best practices.
- 10+ years of experience building, leading and shipping consumer hardware and or software.
- User centered background with an emphasis on human interaction and product development
- Marketing background with proven track record of building consumer brands and consumer products.
- Knowledge in software development: web, mobile (Android and iOS) and PC development.
- Knowledge in design theory, human interaction and brand strategy.
- Experience in 3D and/or VR
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top