Design Director, Building 8
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.
The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Design Director to help drive the design direction and development of Building 8's consumer creative strategy, plans and execution. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Help drive the design direction and development of Building 8's consumer creative strategy, plans and execution
- Work with the marketing team to deliver highly-engaging communication
- Be a creative voice of the Facebook brand
- Develop original brand/marketing content for a variety of marketing touch-points
- Work closely with the Product and UX design team to make sure the product touch-points are aligned with the brand
- Prioritize projects accordingly
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Design, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline
- 8+ years experience in creative role with an emphasis on consumer marketing
- Experience developing and managing consumer marketing programs in an integrated environment
- Experience recruiting talent and developing teams
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience leading creative work
- Experience working in a data-driven environment
- Experience mentoring and leading creative teams
Back to top