Design & Deployment Engineering Manager
Facebook's Design and Deployment Engineering teams are responsible for the collaboration technology across Facebook. Including; event and studio production spaces, video conferencing rooms, security operations centers, executive briefing centers and interactive marketing technology. As Facebook's collaboration systems expand in both size and complexity, this position will lead in their design and deployment of these spaces to ensure system and infrastructure reliability. The Design & Deployment Engineering Manager will implore best practices and detailed methodologies to improve workflow and performance while managing three teams of engineering across Facebook's global offices. They will be involved both in driving the growth of internal collaboration technology and in improving the quality of existing AV systems used globally at Facebook.
DESIGN & DEPLOYMENT ENGINEERING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead managers and teams of design and deployment engineers in creating awesome collaboration, presentation, and production environments for Facebook from specification and design through to completion
- Provide leadership, assist with strategy, and drive the overall direction of AV/VC solutions at Facebook
- Collaborate with cross-functional and cross regional teams, users, managers, and internal & external partners to deliver superb AV solutions
- Develop and maintain project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones and deadlines
- Contribute to the development of future Events, Studio, Conference, and Specialty Spaces
- Innovate and enhance reliability, functionality, and quality of AV/VC systems
- Develop strong partnerships with third party vendors and suppliers in developing and maintaining service level agreements, ongoing management of service level compliance, and assist in driving the support knowledge base
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing global teams in the design, deployment, operations, and/or maintenance of collaboration technology environments or equivalent technology
- 5+ years experience with typical event/theatre space technologies: broadcast AV, routing and control systems, production lighting, LED/LCD displays, projection systems, live streaming infrastructure, video conferencing, etc.
- 3+ years experience troubleshooting AV, networking and computer systems
- 5+ years experience in project management in enterprise organizations
- Experience in budgeting, long range planning, cost benefit analysis, vendor relations
- Experience building at scale
- Experience in a fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, and ability to identify problems and work towards solutions
- Ability to think outside the box when considering scalability, building new programs, and working collaboratively with cross-functional partners
- Highly cross-functional, great communicator experience
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Business Systems Analyst
- Enterprise Support Tech
Sunnyvale, CA + 4 More
- Global Service and Support Manager
- Network Engineer, Corp
New York, NY + 1 More
- Office Technology Deployment - Business Intelligence Program Manager
- Telco Analyst
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top