Depth Hardware Manager, Core Tech (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VRâ€™s potential to change the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started.
CoreTech is a part of Oculus tasked with delivering cutting edge new technologies. The organization is focused on building new capabilities and new user experiences enabled by these new technologies.
As Manager of the Depth Hardware team, you lead a multidisciplinary vertically integrated team of engineers responsible for all hardware activities of the depth sensing team: micro-optics, lasers, mechanics, EE, Thermals, etc. Your team is responsible for early development of novel hardware through productization. You challenge the status quo and demand excellence in everything your organization does. With your leadership, depth sensing hardware is a competitive advantage for Oculus and Facebook. As a leader in Oculus and Facebook you focus your team on achieving deliverables and having great impact.
- Lead, coach, finish building a cross-functional, multi-site calibration organization
- Set clear expectations and create north-star aspirational goals
- Develop a positive work environment based on accountability and impact
- Tech leadership to evaluate, understand and implement cutting-edge calibration solutions
- Collaborate across engineering disciplines and geographies
- Recruit world-class talent and provide mentorship to team members
- 6+ years of leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience in engineering management
- 7+ years of engineering consumer products (product concept through mass production)
- MS in EE, CS or related field with 10+ years of experience in engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience with building high performing, multi-disciplined teams
- Collaboration & communication experience with experience with leading through influence
- Experience in EE, PD, or Optics engineering development
- Proven track record in building technology & product development teams
- Experience leading and building calibration capabilities
- Experience with cameras and optical systems
- Experience with Android/Linux systems
Back to top