Dedicated Security Partnerships - Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is rapidly expanding our core product focus into virtual reality, global internet connectivity, commerce, and beyond. You will work with one of the best security teams in the world, making sure that the data we are trusted to protect is secured to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will share our passion for solving complicated business and security problems, while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity and impact.
While this is a management position, the ideal candidate will possess both deep and broad technical knowledge across a range of security disciplines.
- Manage and mentor a team of individual contributors, drive role definition, and hire the best in the industry.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define and drive the security agenda for Facebook's security partnerships program.
- Partner with leaders across the company to ensure that information security efforts receive appropriate prioritization and resources.
- Take a leadership role in working across the company on security projects and provide security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies.
- Drive security risk decisions, and influence technical architecture.
- Identify growth areas for security partners on the team, set clear expectations, and provide frequent feedback while showing care by understanding their experience at Facebook.
- Have passion for security, and be able to positively spread this enthusiasm to partner teams.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with experience contributing at both strategic and operational levels. Experience managing security engineers and security engineering managers.
- Experience recruiting and managing managers and technical teams including performance management.
- Experience communicating security risks and plans to address them to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge across a range of security disciplines, such as web application, mobile, infrastructure.
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders.
- Experience translating technical concepts into language for broad technical and non-technical audiences.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience running operational teams.
- Experience collaborating with compliance and policy teams, government entities, external security-focused community members and members of the press.
Back to top