Decision Scientist, Marketing (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We're looking for a candidate to join the consumer product marketing team at WhatsApp, focused on building brand presence, improving user sentiment and product education. We're seeking an independent thought leader who thrives at the intersection of data, marketing, and product. This candidate will own the measurement of all marketing efforts at WhatsApp, and help the rest of the team set goals and priorities. The role will report into the director of marketing and tap into a part of a company-wide community of data scientists, data engineers and analysts: sophisticated tools, and advanced computational resources. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and excitement for WhatsApp is a must.
This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California.
- Partner with marketing, research and product organizations to design, execute, measure and improve the impact of marketing efforts.
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations that will drive brand sentiment, user growth and engagement, and marketing effectiveness.
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision making. Analysis areas might include (but not limited to) retention, lifetime value, messaging, promotions, usage and engagement.
- Produce visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key metrics and performance trends, and provide actionable insights to marketing leadership.
- Analyze and maintain marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and behavioral & attitudinal outcomes.
- 7+ years of experience in data analysis.
- Experience in statistical and data analysis/modeling (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, etc.).
- Direct experience working with data-sets.
- Experience with Python, Hadoop/Hive, & SQL.
- Experience working and collaborating with different individuals and organizations.
- Communication experience in representing marketing analytics in cross-functional discussions.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field.
- MBA or Management consulting experience.
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, MATLAB, or similar statistical packages.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top