Decision Science Manager, Brand Marketing
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook company marketing team is responsible for developing a compelling, coherent and integrated narrative across the family of apps (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger). The vision is to establish Facebook as a timeless brand by clearly communicating our values and point of view, in an emotionally resonant way. We're seeking a leader in the Consumer Marketing Decision Science team who will play a pivotal role in bringing this vision to life. This is a complex and ambiguous space and the leaders we hire in this space are expected to be thought partners with our brand strategists and brand marketing managers - guiding them with insightful data that informs the strategy and improving the effectiveness of our brand campaigns.Our ideal candidate has passion for and experience in building strong brands in the technology space. They have a hunger to make significant business impact by owning and driving business outcomes. They have a track record in data science analytics with hands-on experience in data manipulation and a remarkable ability to problem solve, translate strategic insights into actionable recommendations and develop strong cross-functional partnerships with Marketing, Policy, Communications, Research, Comms Planning, Creative and Products teams. Strong project management, stakeholders management and communication skills are critical. The right person can drive strategy while remaining hands-on, is a visionary leader and great people manager.
- Partner with leadership across marketing, research and product organizations to influence marketing and product strategy, define roadmaps and drive strong execution to achieve business objectives.
- Translate roadmaps into specific goals and develop comprehensive learning agendas. The agenda should include thoughtful hypotheses and the analysis plan to prove/disprove them.
- Drive execution of marketing plans including audience targeting, instrumenting A/B tests or synthetic cohorts to measure causal impact.
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations. Core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy and plans, at both a brand and product level.
- Deliver presentations and effectively communicate findings to stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Drive the development of quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision making.
- Determine, analyze and maintain marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and behavioral & attitudinal outcomes.
- Partner with Data Engineers to define data and tracking requirements for new products and marketing channels.
- Hire and develop a team of data/decision scientists.
- 10+ years of experience with data analytics.
- 7+ years of experience leading analytics or data science teams.
- Proven experience in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing roadmaps.
- Experience with SQL.
- Direct experience working with large data-sets.
- Statistical and data analysis/modeling experience (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, etc.).
- Communication and presentation experience with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues.
- Experience communicating both technical product language and brand/product marketing language.
- Experience with survey research methods and considerations.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field. MBA or Management consulting experience.
- Experience with Brand Marketing Data Science/Analytics.
- Experience with user research including survey questionnaire design and attitudinal analyses.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience using SAS, R or similar statistical packages.
- Experience with NLP, text analytics.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top