Deal Team - Entertainment
(Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The entertainment vertical of the Deal Team focuses on a variety of content acquisition efforts. The Deal Team member working on entertainment productions will work both with external partners and cross-functionally with internal partners on a wide range of deals related to development and production of series programming. This person will be well-versed in the core aspects of television content production and will handle negotiations of a heavy volume of fast-paced production matters. This person will be a thoughtful dealmaker, an excellent communicator and at ease in complex, cross-functional environments. This person will understand the art of collaboration and will be capable of supporting team members in a productive and positive way. This is a full-time position and can be located in either Facebook's New York or Los Angeles office.
- Building a strategic, scalable approach for talent deal-making in environments (including drafting, producing, directing and on-screen talent agreements).
- Negotiating talent agreements in partnership with the Facebook legal team and production partners.
- Negotiating production related agreements (including production services agreements and related agreements) in partnership with the Facebook legal team.
- Managing and communicating cross functional aspects of talent and production agreements.
- Drafting deal summaries and assisting with other special projects.
- Performing other day-to-day tasks as needed.
- BA/BS degree.
- 6+ years work experience in the media ecosystem.
- 4+ years of experience negotiating talent, production and acquisition agreements in a business affairs or similar capacity at a network, studio, entertainment law firm, production company or agency with a focus on scripted or unscripted productions.
- Knowledge of the television industry ecosystem and business dynamics.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with problem solving and providing business insights and recommendations based on data.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- MBA or JD.
- Experience with Internet streaming video platform deals.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top