Data Visualization/Mapping Engineer - Spatial Computing
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineers that are excited about data visualization, maps and building novel data tools. We are looking for engineers who can shape advanced geo-spatial data visualization tools and models to improve the lives of people around the world in different aspects: provide critical data and tooling to assist in natural disaster relief, craft advanced tools for network planning guiding Facebook's rural connectivity efforts and provide actionable insights for a variety of geographical trends.
- Implement web user interface, mapping, data visualizations and features to power data products
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems and relevant backend to drive complex data visualizations
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- 2+ years experience working with Mapbox front-end stack (bonus for experience with Mapbox GL/deck.GL)
- Experience with geo formats like GeoJSON, WKT, shape
- 2+ years experience working with React and web front-end development
- Experience with PostGIS
- Experience with GIS tools: QGIS, ArcGIS
- Experience with vector tiles and experience with Tippecanoe
Back to top