Data Visualization Engineer (People Analytics)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are seeking an experienced Data Visualization Engineer to join the People Analytics team and participate in the design and development of creative and innovative data visualizations that will help us find, grow and keep the talented people that make Facebook awesome and an amazing place to work.
- Develop deep understanding of people data model – write queries and manage data transformation to enable analytics and reporting
- Help analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on data to build reporting solutions to support various company initiatives
- Participate in the on-going development of the business intelligence and data warehousing functions within the wider organization
- Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations using d3, Angular.js or equivalent
- Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components
- Demonstrable skills building responsive user interfaces and data visualizations using Angular.js, d3.js
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Business, Business Administration, or closely-related degree, or foreign equivalent
- At least 5 years of business intelligence and data warehouse experience
- At least 2 years experience with Oracle RDBMS (SQL/PLSQL) or MySQL
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top