Data Visualization Designer - Storytelling
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Compliance Security and Investigations (CSI) team is looking for a Data Visualization Designer who specializes in visual storytelling to join our growing data team. The perfect candidate has a technical and design background working with news agencies and academia to develop web front-end visualizations (graphs and dashboards). We are looking for someone with a passion for data visualization and a keen sense of design, whose portfolio demonstrates strong UI and UX skills and shows familiarity with design aesthetics.Our data team is seeking to transform how business intelligence and reporting operates in the work-place by leveraging best practices found in news media to make our stories more compelling and more interactive. This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Visualize (dashboards, charts, infographics), analyze, and provide analytics on sensitive data to build insights to protect Facebook and to advance the business
- Take un-analyzed data and transform into rich visual storytelling.
- Partner with Security, Community Operations, Online Safety, Compliance, Investigations, and Law Enforcement outreach teams
- Works independently and be empowered to provide the team with visualization best-practices.
- Manage confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Art, Design, Data Journalism, Graphic Design, or other technical or visual-related fields.
- 5+ years working in data visual design with news agencies, academia or in a related industry
- Technical data visualization experience utilizing D3 (and similar libraries) for interactive web graphics and dashboards
- Experience with data journalism which includes writing and analysis.
- SQL experience
- Visual portfolio required
- Advanced degrees (Masters, PhD, etc.)
- Experience with geo-visualization, cartography, and mapping tools
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top