Data Strategy Team Lead, NA - Mobile Partnerships
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to lead the team implementing cutting-edge business insights for the largest players in the North American mobile industry by leveraging one of the worldâ€™s largest and richest data sets.
You will engage with key partners on all levels including C-suite of major operators and OEMs, delivering strategic business value from our insights products/data as part of unique partnership. In addition to leading a team of Data Science Strategists working directly with partners, you will own cross-functional relationships within Facebook, including product, engineering, and client sales teams, providing meaningful recommendations and actionable strategies to key stakeholders and developing best practices. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook's mission and opportunity to help connect the world.
You will have a strong technical & data mining skillset, as well as client-facing experienceâ€"and enjoy both. Your background should be in a related quantitative or technical field, with experience working with large data sets and data-driven decision making at a strategic level as well as strong communication skills.
You should also be scrappy, focused on results, be a self-starter and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the growth and success of a business, both as an individual contributor and as a leader. Additionally, you will have a proven track record of thought leadership and impact in developing similar analytics and metrics based programs. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Lead and grow our team of Data Science Strategists by hiring and mentoring highly talented and motivated individuals
- Develop strategies and best practices to improve the team's work with partners in understanding their business needs and challenges, and delivering value to them through insights
- Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis & data mining to see beyond the numbers and scale actionable insights and recommended business strategies across NA partners and to other regional partnership teams
- Actively improve the business model development of our Connectivity programs by representing global partner performance and feedback in our HQ, and to inform, influence and support product roadmaps
- Identify new opportunities, form hypothesis statements and turn a wealth of data and insights into focused proposals and recommendations that guide the direction of our Connectivity programs
- Support new partners through launch process and liaise with Facebook product and technical support
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and develop and execute against partner account plans
- Guide financial models for connectivity deployments in emerging markets, based on partner-validated insights and local market context
- 10+ years of similar experienceâ€"data mining & analytics, team leadership, working with clients and a knowledge of data and insights
- Experience working with large datasets, data mining, and statistical analysis
- Knowledge in SQL or other data programming languages
- Advanced degree in psychology, statistics, economics, engineering, computer science, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or a related quantitative field
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau
- Strong management and coaching skills
- Project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability of inspiring action based on data-driven insights
- Experience in a client/external facing position
- Experience with marketing, subscription-based business models, customer lifecycle analysis, churn and acquisition
- Experience working with mobile network operators or in the mobile sector
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Lauren W.Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top