Data Specialist, Solutions
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Intellectual Property Operations team manages reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving the most voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 2 billion users.
Our Data Solutions team is responsible for building and supporting our data infrastructure to project and analyze our growth and investment in tools, products, and managing sensitive IP issues. We use data to influence strategic business decisions as we optimize processes, drive efficiency, and improve experiences of our internal and external stakeholders. We partner with multiple cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Design, Content, Legal, Operations, Policy, Privacy, and Data to ensure support at scale.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in data analytics and a technical mindset to provide quantitative support and problem-solving. A successful candidate will be effective at leveraging these talents to help us achieve operational excellence. With a specialization in analytics, you will individually deliver solutions that equip and empower the team with data to improve tools, infrastructure, and processes, partner with cross-functional teams, and enable effective product support for launch and growth at scale.
- Serve as a data expert leveraging analytical and technical skills to successfully support operational needs, product support and growth, and tools development
- Identify and drive scalable solutions for building and automating reports, pipelines, dashboards, and infrastructure to monitor key performance metrics, workforce strategy, and product growth
- Execute quantitative analyses of data and trends to proactively deliver insights, define goals, and drive improvements
- Establish short and long-term goals that will advance the organization's productivity through analytics
- Effectively plan and collaborate with team members on data driven projects to improve internal tools, systems, and data pipelines
- Solve exploratory analytical problems, and contribute to Facebook core code
- Use signals from incoming reports of alleged legal rights infringements to identify opportunities for new insights and trends that may impact business decisions, short- and long-term growth, resource allocation and workforce strategy, investment in product support, and optimization of tools and systems
- Work with and mentor other technical individuals to develop and deploy internal solutions (custom front-end and/or back-end services) that support and/or automate business processes
- Build a solid foundation and knowledge in Intellectual Property policies to be able to effectively advocate for IP Operations needs with key stakeholders (e.g., Product, Engineering, Legal, and other cross-functional teams)
- Partner with Data Science, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Operations to manage multiple complex projects and solve problems at scale
- B.A. or B.S. degree with a quantitative focus in Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in end-to-end project management and/or operations
- 2+ years of experience in data, reporting, and analytical problem solving
- 1+ years using SQL or Excel
- 1+ years experience using languages and packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience with at least one scripting language (PHP/Hack, Haskell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience in an adversarial space such as IP, fraud, spam, risk, or ad policy
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top